UnDiet_729x90

Thursday, June 03, 2010

 Crispy Rice Squares a la Meghan Telpner


Anyone who reads my blog knows how much I love Meghan Telpner and her amazing recipes.  This morning I tried yet another winner!  I had read this recipe when she first posted it, but didn't have all the ingredients on hand.  I came across the recipe again a few days ago and finally got what I needed yesterday.  I changed it only slightly by using agave nectar in place of the honey and maple syrup.  I used toasted pumpkin seeds and chopped walnuts (because walnuts are Perry's favourite nuts).  I added unsweetened coconut flakes and chia seeds to make it even more delicious.  Oh, and I completely forgot about the ground flax seeds until I had already placed the mixture into the glass baking pan.  I thought about leaving them out but since I had already taken the time to grind them and since I love flax seeds, I just poured it all back into the pan, stirred in the seeds and put it back into the baking pan.  No harm done! :-)
I will definitely be making this one again!
Here's what I did...

 Into a large pan, added coconut oil, agave nectar and vanilla extract

 Added almond butter

 And some squares of 70% dark chocolate (the kind with cocoa nibs in it)

 Added Celtic sea salt, chopped walnuts and chia seeds 

 Added coconut, raw cacao nibs and pumpkin seeds

  Added the brown rice crisps, stirred it all together and put into a glass baking dish (greased and with a parchment sling for ease of removal)

Took back out of the dish, put back into the large pan and added the ground flax seeds that I'd forgotten!!  Put back into the dish, flattened with the back of a mixing spoon and chilled for 35 mins. then cut into squares.  

These are just so scrumptious that I can't stop myself from having another taste and another and another :-)  They are a little softer than usual rice crispy squares and I'm not sure if that's just because they're supposed to be or because I used agave instead of honey.  Regardless, they're wonderful and I'll make them again.  Thanks again to Meghan Telpner for another fantastic recipe!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Deborah,
    I just picked up the brown rice crispies and puffed quiona so I am going to try it for tomorrow's Spa night.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa,
    That's great! Please let me know how they turn out!!
    Take care,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

The Lean Green Bean