UnDiet_729x90

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Green Goodness!
 
 
This is my favourite green smoothie creation so far!  It doesn't taste anywhere near as 'green' as it looks :-)  It's sweet and creamy and has a lovely banana and coconut flavour.  I'm so glad I took pictures as I was working or I'd never have remembered what I'd done!  Here's how I made this glass of deliciousness :-)
 
 
 Picked 3 large leaves of kale from the garden.  Washed and dried them, ripped them into pieces and placed in my blender
 
 Added a frozen banana (broken into chunks)

And a handful of frozen green grapes


Added a teaspoon of spirulina powder, a pinch of Celtic sea salt and a little stevia (maybe 1/3 tsp.)


About 2 teaspoons of bee pollen
A tablespoon of shelled hemp seeds

And a nice, big scoop of chia seeds

Topped it all off with a scoop of raw coconut butter

Finally added about 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk

Blended it all together and quickly guzzled it all up :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean