UnDiet_729x90

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Avocado Banana "Ice Cream"
 
 
I've been looking for some more healthful dessert ideas other than the various cookies and muffins I usually make.  Krestan loves ice cream and I hate for him to be eating the commercially made stuff with all the additives.  I saw this recipe and thought it looked like a keeper.
Here's what I did...

I put one (very) ripe avocado into my Vitamix
 
 I absolutely love this handy dandy avocado-scooping tool :-)
 
 Then I added 1 chopped, frozen banana
 
 I added a tsp. of vanilla extract
 
 Then I added 1/2 cup almond milk and 1/4 cup maple syrup
 
 Finally, I added 1 cup of ice and blended on high for about a minute
 
Until four peaks appeared on the surface.  Mmmm! :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean