UnDiet_729x90

Friday, March 02, 2012

Quinoa Flatbread with Flax and Chia


I found this flatbread recipe on Pinterest the other day and thought it would be a nice option for us since we've completely cut out wheat and most grains.

It turned out pretty well, although I think I'd do a little tweaking next time.  Even though it's a flatbread, I think I'd like it a little bit lighter, so I plan to use some baking soda next time.  It really is a great recipe though and came together in next to no time.  We ate it for dinner with mussels in a spicy garlic sauce.

Here's what I did...

 
 Put 2 cups of quinoa flour in a large bowl.


 Added 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, 2 tablespoons psyllium husk and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.


 Then I added 2 tablespoons of flax seeds and 2 tablespoons of chia seeds.


 Next I stirred in 1 1/2 cups water and let the batter sit for about 5 mins. while the oven heated to 400F.


 Then I dolloped the dough in circles onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and used wet hands to form it into small patties (about 4" across).  My dough made 10 in total.


 I sprinkled sesame seeds on top and gently pressed them down so they'd stick.

Baked them for 20 minutes, rotating pans after 10.  Then cooled them on wire racks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean