UnDiet_729x90

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lamb Chops with Dandelion Greens and Rosemary Roast Potatoes




I made this dish last weekend and completely forgot to write down what I'd done.  I just found these photos and decided to post them with as much info. as I can remember.  
Whenever I make roast potatoes, I like to parboil them until almost tender.  I find this gives them a better crust when roasted.  I then toss them in a little olive oil, spread them on a baking sheet and this time I sprinkled them with chopped fresh rosemary, freshly ground black pepper and Celtic sea salt.  I roasted them for about half an hour at 450F.
I made a balsamic syrup by reducing 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar with one minced garlic clove and 1 tsp. organic evaporated cane juice.  I reduced this mixture until it was syrupy but not too thick otherwise it's impossible to use once cooled.  I set the syrup aside.
I heated a cast iron skillet until very hot and then added some coconut oil.  Once the oil was hot, I seared the lamb chops (sprinkled with the same mixture as the potatoes).





Once they were nicely browned, I turned them over, did the same on the other side and then turned the heat under the pan down a little to cook them through.





Once the lamb chops were a nice medium rare, I set them aside to rest.  I washed, dried and chopped a big bunch of dandelion greens and threw them in with the balsamic glaze just until wilted.






I served the greens atop the lamb chops with the roasted potatoes on the side.  The balsamic glaze worked perfectly with the bitterness of the greens.  I will definitely do this again!








2 comments:

  1. fantastic!looks like you lived in Italy.Can't wait to try the balsamic glaze!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi 2friendscooking,
    I didn't live in Italy, but I'd love to give it a try :-) Glad you liked the post. Do let me know if you try it and what you think!

    ReplyDelete

The Lean Green Bean