UnDiet_729x90

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Frozen Choco-Banana Coconut Treats



When I read Angela's blog this afternoon, I knew I had to make these little treats.
I'm so happy I did because they're absolutely delicious!  My photography skills (nor camera) are nowhere near Angela's level, but keep reading to see my version of her wonderful Chocolate Coconut Butter Banana Bites!!
The only changes I made were to use my Vitamix instead of a food processor, organic coconut palm sugar instead of icing sugar and 2/3 of a (100g) 70% cocoa chocolate bar instead of chocolate chips.
Here's what I did...
I put 2 2/3 cups cups of unsweetened coconut into my Vitamix

 Blended it for 45 seconds at speed #5, then increased to full speed for 15 seconds.  I was amazed to find liquid coconut after such a short period of time!

 Added 1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt and 2/3 cup organic coconut palm sugar and blended for a few more seconds.


 
Broke up 2/3 of a 70% cocoa chocolate bar

Melted it and stirred the 2 mixtures together

dipped chunks of banana into the chocolate/coconut mixture (using a toothpick)

Then put them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.  Then popped the sheet into the freezer for 20 minutes.

And they were done!

Yum, yum, yum!!

I had about 3/4 cup of the chocolate coconut butter left over.  Not sure what to do with it, but I'm sure Krestan will come up with some ideas :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean