UnDiet_729x90

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Kamut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
The other day, I was really in the mood to make some chocolate chip cookies.  I didn't want to make a traditional chocolate chip cookie, but one with some healthy additions and omitting some of the less healthy options.  I had some kamut flour in the fridge, so I decided I'd search for a recipe online and see what I came up with.  I found this recipe
and decided it was exactly what I was looking for.  The recipe called for kamut flour and kamut flakes, but I decided to use rolled oats instead of the flakes because that's what I had on hand.

These cookies are absolutely delicious.  I'd say they're as good as or even better than any oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I've had in the past.
Here's what I did...



 I partially melted (gently on the stove) 1/2 cup of virgin coconut oil


 Added 1/2 cup maple syrup, 2 teaspoons water and 1 teaspoon vanilla (I think the water was unnecessary) 


 Then I added 1 1/2 cups rolled oats, 1 cup kamut flour, 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, 2 tablespoons flax seeds, 2 tablespoons chia seeds and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda


 Next I added 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and 1 cup Guittard 63% cocoa (so happy to find these) chocolate chips 


Then I mixed it all together and dolloped by tablespoons (using a cookie scooper) onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet


And baked for 20 minutes, rotating cookie sheets after 10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Just tried these out and they are terrific. I'm assuming you baked them at 325... my first pan at 350 was overdone within about 12 mins. Of course my 6yr old and my husband didn't mind. Thanks! I think I may try your copycat rainbow crisp crackers tomorrow. Love them, but rarely buy for the same reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed them!! I think I baked them at 350F, but I have a slow oven, so I often have to raise the temperature.
    Let me know what you think if you try the crackers next!

    ReplyDelete

The Lean Green Bean