UnDiet_729x90

Friday, July 23, 2010

Duck Breasts with Summer Fruits


Perry and I are big fans of duck. We don't have it often as it tends to be very expensive. I happened upon some duck breasts for a very reasonable price yesterday, so I decided to look for an interesting recipe for dinner. I found this recipe

and knew it would be a winner. I changed very little of the original as I thought it sounded almost perfect. I don't use much sugar, so instead decided to use evaporated cane juice and cut the amount in half to 40g. I used a little less butter than the original called for and I decided to salt and pepper the ducks ahead of time and put them in the fridge for a few hours before cooking (removing one hour ahead of time to come to room temperature).

Here's what I did...



Caramelized the evaporated cane juice


Added 150ml dry red wine and 100ml beef stock then reduced until fairly thick


Seared the duck breasts, skin side down. Cooked them on medium heat for about 10 mins.


Turned and cooked for another 5-6 mins. Then allowed them to rest for 8 minutes.


Grilled 2 halved peaches and 1 thickly sliced mango and served with the duck. Drizzled the sauce overtop.





1 comment:

  1. I feel honored that you have followed my recipe...It looks great !!! Good changes!!!
    So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

The Lean Green Bean