UnDiet_729x90

Friday, July 16, 2010

Fresh Tomato Spicy Bloody Mary



This recipe came from the summer 2010 edition of the Food & Drink magazine which is put out by the L.C.B.O. (Liquor control board of Ontario). It intrigued me as it has a whole fresh tomato in each drink. Mum and I just loved these, but Perry wasn't a fan. He really doesn't enjoy any alcoholic drinks with tomato juice.
Here's what I did...


Put 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice into a blender


Add a large tomato, roughly chopped


Add 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo (I added a whole teaspoon)


Add 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt


Add 2 oz tomato juice, 1 1/2 oz of vodka and 1 cup of ice and blend well


Rim a glass with salt (I used Himalayan because I like the pink colour :-)


Pour into the rimmed glass and garnish with a lemon wedge and a cucumber spear





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean