UnDiet_729x90

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What to do with leftover Juicer pulp!



Yet again, I have Meghan Telpner to thank for this fantastic recipe!! I changed it a little bit because of what I had on hand, but kept to her recipe for the most part. I LOVE these cookies!!! I was so sure they were going to be dry and not so appetizing, but they're delicious. They're moist and a little sweet, but not over the top. I will make these again and again.

Meghan's recipe is for muffins, but I followed her directions to turn them into cookies.
Here's what I did...


In a large bowl, I placed about 1 1/2 cups of leftover pulp from beet and ginger juice


I added 1/3 cup ground flax seeds and 2 tablespoons chia seeds

Added 1/4 cup raw honey and 1 teaspoon vanilla


Added 2 eggs and the zest of a large lemon


Added 1/4 cup arrowroot flour, 3/4 cup oat flour, 1 heaping teaspoon ground ginger, 1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt


Mixed it all together and added 1 cup frozen blueberries and 1/3 cup chopped dates


Used my tablespoon-sized cookie scooper to put them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, flattened them with my hand and baked at 350F for 20 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean