UnDiet_729x90

Friday, April 09, 2010

Granola Bars Revisited




Yesterday, I decided to remake my fairly healthy granola bars from a couple of weeks ago. 
I didn't make a lot of changes and I'm still not 100% happy with them, but I think they're much better (on the healthy front) than they were.  
Here's how I changed them...


I added pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, ground flax seeds, cut down on the evaporated cane juice, used raw almond butter instead of peanut butter and chopped up a 70% cocoa chocolate bar instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips

 They honestly didn't taste much different, but are a lot better for us!  Next time I'm going to try to eliminate the evaporated cane juice...maybe use coconut palm sugar instead!  Then they'll be just about perfect :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean