UnDiet_729x90

Monday, April 19, 2010

Super Green Super Bread


Spirulina strikes again :-)  This is yet another wonderful superfood recipe I received in The Superfoods Tutorial
from Meghan Telpner's blog. She calls it Incredible Hulk Bread.
I soaked the quinoa overnight last night and made this bread first thing this morning.  It tastes 'green' and hearty and delicious!  I decided to use oat flour instead of buckwheat or brown rice flour as that's what I happened to have on hand.  I also topped mine with some toasted sesame seeds since I had some left over from last night's superfood snacks.
Here's what I did...

I gathered together some of my ingredients

Drained the quinoa and put it into a large bowl

Added eggs, agave, arrowroot flour and sea salt


Mixed in almond milk

 In a separate bowl, measured out baking powder, baking soda and spirulina

 Added oat flour

 Mixed them together

 Added the flour mixture and some chia seeds

 Then stirred it all together to make this lovely Hulk-green mixture

 I sprayed a loaf tin (well glass, not tin) with olive oil and placed a parchment sling in it

 Poured in the green goo :-)

 Then sprinkled the top with toasted sesame seeds

 Baked it for 55 minutes (I have a slow oven) at 350F

 Let it cool and sliced it up

2 comments:

  1. I would love to try this and the photos are really helpful but could you post the quantities for each ingredient (your links to the tutorial aren't working :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that Loubelou. I think that tutuorial may have been removed. However, I've fixed the link to 'Incredible Hulk Bread' so all you have to do is click on that and you should be able to see the recipe. Let me know if you're still having problems. Thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete

The Lean Green Bean