UnDiet_729x90

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Spicy Oatmeal Soup with Mustard Greens


As I was getting ready to post this recipe, it occurred to me that I had already shared my method for making oatmeal soup a few months ago. 
However, as I said in that post I don't follow a recipe so it's never quite the same.  I decided that I would share today's 'recipe' just to show how it can be made slightly differently.
Here's what I did today...

I sautéed a chopped red onion, chopped garlic and chopped Thai Bird chilies in some coconut oil

I added a can of small-cut tomatoes (14oz)

Some steel cut oats

And some veggie broth and Celtic sea salt.  Brought it all up to a boil and then simmered until the oats were softened (20 mins. or so)

A few mins. before serving, I stirred in some washed, sliced mustard greens and simmered for maybe 3 more minutes.

The finished product!!



2 comments:

  1. I made this soup today, with a few variations. It was delicious. Thank you so much for posting your recipes. Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words Lynnette. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

The Lean Green Bean