UnDiet_729x90

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Local organic pork

Perry and I went to a pork tasting at a local farm a few weeks ago.  We really loved everything they had to offer, so we ordered a few different cuts.  Last night I decided to use some of the lean ground pork we had ordered.  I used a recipe from the book "Hot Sour Salty Sweet" by Jeffrey Alford and Naomi Duguid.  The recipe I made was "Aromatic Minced Pork, Shan Style".  It is a mixture of lemongrass, chiles, galangal, garlic, shallots, scallions, coriander, mint and pork.  It really was wonderful.  Perry and I absolutely loved it.  I served it with red rice and some whole nappa cabbage leaves.  I served the pork mixture with the rice and we scooped up a little of each with the nappa cabbage leaves.  It was great and we'll definitely have this dish again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean