UnDiet_729x90

Monday, November 09, 2009

My newfound love...Green Smoothies!!


Beet green, blueberry, grape smoothie

I've only recently (a couple of weeks ago) discovered and started experimenting with green smoothies.  Who knew that handfuls of raw greens thrown into a fruit smoothie could be so delicious!  I think today's drink is my favourite so far.  I was thinking about it yesterday and although many people add protein powder to their smoothies, I'm just not a fan.  I wanted to add protein, but in a simpler form.  So after my run today, I eperimented with a little pasteurized egg white in addition to my fruits and greens (and always a little filtered water).  I think the egg whites are what 'made' this drink!  It's so light and fluffy...almost like a gin fizz but WAY healthier :-)  Approx. measurements are, 8 beet leaves, ripped in half, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, 1/4 cup pasteurized egg whites, 1/3 cup filtered water.  Blend on high speed until smooth and frothy!

Below are a few of my other experiments.  I can honestly say there hasn't been one I've disliked.  Some were much earthier and less sweet than others, but they were all enjoyable.



Kale, fig, orange and strawberry




Blackberry, fig and field greens




Blueberry, pineapple and spinach




Banana, orange, field greens, kefir and young coconut water




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean