Monday, November 16, 2009

Oatmeal Soup


Spicy Oatmeal Soup

This is one of my favourite things to make for lunch.  It's so nutritious, full of fiber and just plain yummy!  I change it almost every time I make it, but it's always fairly similar.  This was today's version.

I sautéed 2 chopped onions in a little coconut oil.  I added 3 minced Thai bird chiles and  8 minced cloves of garlic and sautéed for a few more mins.  I added 1 generous cup of steel cut oats and cooked for another minute.  I added 2 chopped tomatoes and about 4 cups of stock.  I also added a little Celtic sea salt and soy sauce.  I cooked the whole mixture for about 15 minutes and then added about 1/3 cup oat bran.  Cooked it for about 10 more minutes and served.  So delicious! 
This made enough for my lunches all week, probably 5 or 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean