UnDiet_729x90

Monday, November 16, 2009

Oatmeal Soup


Spicy Oatmeal Soup

This is one of my favourite things to make for lunch.  It's so nutritious, full of fiber and just plain yummy!  I change it almost every time I make it, but it's always fairly similar.  This was today's version.

I sautéed 2 chopped onions in a little coconut oil.  I added 3 minced Thai bird chiles and  8 minced cloves of garlic and sautéed for a few more mins.  I added 1 generous cup of steel cut oats and cooked for another minute.  I added 2 chopped tomatoes and about 4 cups of stock.  I also added a little Celtic sea salt and soy sauce.  I cooked the whole mixture for about 15 minutes and then added about 1/3 cup oat bran.  Cooked it for about 10 more minutes and served.  So delicious! 
This made enough for my lunches all week, probably 5 or 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean