UnDiet_729x90

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Curried Beans and Vegetables with Brown Rice


This was tonight's dinner.  I didn't use a recipe, so I'll do my best to describe how I made it.  
  I sautéed some sliced onion, cumin seeds and black mustard seeds in coconut oil

 I added some garlic and 3 Thai bird chilies

Then I added some red lentils

And a small, chopped tomato because I had one to use up

I added some veggie broth, ground cumin, ground coriander, ground turmeric, Celtic sea salt, chopped sweet potato and chopped cauliflower

I simmered the mixture for about 15 minutes, until the lentils and vegetables were soft

I added some sugar snap peas

And some chopped red pepper

After cooking for about 5 mins. longer, I added a can of drained and rinsed mixed beans

Meanwhile, I cooked some brown Jasmine rice in my rice cooker (with sliced cabbage steaming on top)

I added the cabbage to the rice

I served about 1/2 cup of the rice/cabbage mixture on the plate 

Then I topped it with the curried veg/beans

I made lots so I'd have leftovers for breakfasts and lunches, so I thought I would make it even healthier by stirring in some chia seeds

I mixed the rice/cabbage mixture, with the leftover curried beans and veg. to save for further meals

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean