UnDiet_729x90

Monday, March 15, 2010

An Experiment with Disastrous and Delicious Results


One morning last week I was up early and had finished my workout and some chores, so I decided to make some cookies.  I wasn't sure what I was in the mood for, but I thought I'd experiment with peanut butter and chocolate.  I opted to make the old standby flourless peanut butter cookie and top it with a Hershey Kiss.  The only problem was that the only kinds of Kisses I had were filled with mint or filled with caramel.  I didn't think mint would match well with peanut butter, so I decided to go for the caramel ones instead.  My next thought was whether to put the Kisses in the cookies before baking or to press them in as soon as they came out of the oven.  I decided to be reckless and go ahead and bake the cookies with the Kisses already in them.  I knew this was a big gamble as the Kisses might explode in the oven and make a huge mess, but I was willing to give it a try.  
So, here's what happened...


I combined a cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of peanut butter and an egg until well-mixed


Dolloped onto cookie sheets and popped the Kisses (upside down) into the tops of the cookies


Baked for 15 mins. and UHOH!!!!

I gave it a few minutes' thought and decided to try chilling the batter and the Kisses in the freezer before baking.  I popped both in the freezer and left them for about 15 minutes.  Put the next batch into the oven and voila...


Lesson learned!  Next time I will definitely freeze the batter and Kisses before baking.  But I must say that the 'exploded' ones tasted just as yummy as the others! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean