UnDiet_729x90

Friday, March 05, 2010

Evil Jungle Prince

 

This is one of our family's favourite meals.  I don't make it quite as often these days since Krestan no longer eats meat.  Last night K was staying over at a friend's house, so Perry requested this dish.  I made it with pork instead of the usual chicken, but it was just as good.

The recipe comes from one of my favourite cookbooks Keo's Thai Cuisine.

This is a simple recipe with few ingredients.  I usually serve this with brown rice, but the recipe calls for a bed of chopped cabbage which I tried last night for the first time and it was delicious.  It was also so much quicker and easier to shred some fresh cabbage than to cook the rice. 
Here's what I did...

 
Took a couple of Thai Bird chilies


A handful of Kaffir lime leaves


Pounded them with some lemongrass in a mortar


Sautéed these in some coconut oil


Added coconut milk and sliced basil leaves and simmered for a few minutes (then added some fish sauce and chopped pork tenderloin and simmered for a few more mins.)

  
Served atop a bed of shredded cabbage


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean