UnDiet_729x90

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Salmon en Papillote

Today (well actually yesterday since it's after midnight now) is day 3 of Meghan Telpner's 5 days Low GI eating challenge so I've been having a blast coming up with recipes that fit the low GI bill!  Tonight I thought it would be nice to have fish, so I decided that I'd do it 'en papillote'.  I wasn't sure whether I would do it with sweet potatoes or barley (we LOVE both) but ended up deciding upon barley.
So here's what I did...

Sautéed some slices of red onion in coconut oil

Meanwhile, I simmered some pot barley in salted water

Added some slices of oyster mushrooms to the onion slices

Continued to sauté until they were softened

Placed the onion/mushroom mixture on the corner of a large piece of parchment paper

Topped it with some green beans
 Topped this with some of the barley

Added a few slices of beefsteak tomato

Topped this with a small salmon fillet (seasoned the salmon)

Wrapped the package up tightly

Baked at 400F for 20 mins. and then removed from the oven

All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lean Green Bean